Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Heart Like His

This semester several of the NewTribes ladies have gotten together to do the Beth Moore study on the life of David called A Heart Like His. Having mono, I haven't been able to go to every meeting, although when I have been able to attend, they have been such a blessing. I have tried to keep up on the workbook, though, which the Lord uses to speak to my heart every time I open the book.At Moody I loved learning to study the Bible: using lexicons, finding out the original meaning of a word in Greek, etc. While the Lord still manged to teach me about Himself, much of what I came away with from my time there was head knowledge. I love it that the Lord is finally reaching my HEART through His Word and showing me how to do the same as I teach others!

For example, today in church the pastor taught the concept of Agape love. He didn't ask the audience to apply it to our lives in any specific way, but since I have been doing this study, I was able to hear the Spirit say, "Okay, so WHO should you be showing agape to?" "How EXACTLY are you going to carry that out?"

I still have about half of the book left to go, so I pray that the Lord continues to speak to me through His word.

1 comment:

Crystal's Ministry Updates said...

It was a pleasure to stop by your blog! Praying for you! crystal V