Dear friends,
I have something that I was hoping you would pray with me about this week. On Sunday, our pastor gave a really good message about how the church often opens up it's doors and expects people to come in to find Jesus. Instead, the church should be reaching outside its doors to bring the unsaved to HIM. He encouraged us to write down the names of some people that we know who aren't saved, and then start to pray daily for them as well as begin to build relationships with them.
During that service God brought to mind three very specific people that He wants me to start reaching out to: Argentina, Rosa and Jesus. I met Argentina at a garage sale we had last year, and found out that she had recently moved to Chihuahua and still has made very few friends. Her mom is a believer, but she lives in California, and I'm still not sure why Argentina doesn't believe herself. Rosa and her grandson Jesus are extremely poor and work hours and hours at the local superstore bagging groceries, only to come away with pocket change. Jesus has some sort of disease that affects his face and his hair; he looks like a little old man even though he is only 12! Rosa suffers from a leg problem that causes her to have a shooting pain whenever she stands on her feet, which means her job must be horribly difficult!
Please pray for me this week as I have invited them each into my home in an attempt to begin to build relationships with them.. Pray that I would be a blessing to them, and that they would see Jesus reflected in my life and want to know more about Him! I have been learning lately that there is so much power in prayer, so I appreciate the part that you will play in this!
Thank you for your prayers, and I'll let you know how it goes!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Erika, I was browsing the net and came across your blog. It seems that God has certainly taken you on a journey to Mexico. Each day must be an incredible blessing.
billy
(make sure you stay away from those nasty lima beans)
Post a Comment